Monday, July 4, 2011

monday monday

I think Mondays have become my experimental breakfast day. There is a hangover of breakfasting goodwill from the weekend and a desire to stretch out that feeling for as long as possible. Usually by Thursday I'm back to vegemite toast but for now at least Mondays have a certain delicious promise. 

This morning I made cous cous in the key of sweet, a first for me, and then ate it whilst watching a crazy cartoon Kristian and I have recently discovered, called Adventure Time. A bizarre but great start to the working week. 

Cous cous with sultanas, apricots and yoghurt 
Serves  2

1/2 cup couscous

3/4 cup boiled water 
pinch salt

zest of half an orange and a squeeze of juice
1 Tbs chopped nuts
2 Tbs dried fruit like sultanas or currants

some sliced fruit - I used apricots but banana, berries or grated apple would all be great
dollop of yoghurt
drizzle of honey

Put the couscous in a medium bowl and add the raisins, orange zest and juice. Pour the boiled water over the top and cover for about 5 minutes. Once the cous cous has absorbed all the moisture, fluff the grains with a fork. Add the fruit, nuts, yogurt and honey then enjoy. 


... 

No comments:

Post a Comment